EIRMA EXCLUSIVE PROFESSIONAL FORUM
Circular Economy – WHAT to consider…
The role of Chemistry, Digitalization and Politics on the road to fully circular
(case study: the material Industry – polyurethanes processing)
CONTEXT (through example):
Polyurethanes PUR are the #1 polymer in the world when counting volume in cubic meters. They are in mattresses, upholstery, car seating, appliances, cold storage, insulation boards/flat roofs, district heating, footwear and textiles (Lycra®). PUR are no single-use plastics: Longevity, i. e. minimal change of properties over > 10 years is a market requirement. Although PUR is not part of the EU Regulation for single use plastics in packaging Covestro is embarking on the road towards a #fullycircular business model: Why and How?
- Defossilization of the mobility sector has an impact on the feedstock supply to the chemical industry, particularly to markets with high-volume material demand.
- PUR is well suited to illustrate the basic categories of recycling technologies.
- Regulation leads to market concentration through economies of scale in reporting and to new business models based on a “potential-polluter-pays” concept.
THIS SESSION WILL COVER:
- What are the drivers for a circular economy in PUR - beyond plastics regulation? Can these drivers be important for other industries?
- Can PUR serve as a model to discuss First Mover Advantages or First Mover Disadvantage on the way to circular business?
- What is the role of the public sector and what could it become?
• Joachim van Heimburg – Founder and Managing Director (JVHInnovation GmbH)
- Rolf Albach Senior Innovation Manager, (Covestro)
- For EIRMA members, FREE REGISTRATION,
- For non EIRMA members, Event fees: €50
Resgister below or send an email to Carine Ternest.
Please forward this invitation to all whom it may concern in your organization.
Looking forward to hosting you in our Webinar.